The Venice Hospitality Challenge, the sailing regatta brainchild of Mirko Sguario, is now in its 10th edition, and warmly welcomed by the finest hotels in Venice, was born to promote the tradition of maritime excellence of the Serenissima and relaunch the image of luxury tourism in the city.
On October 14th 2023, 17 maxi yachts will challenge each other in a succession of tacks and marker turns between St. Mark’s Basin and the Giudecca Canal, creating a unique spectacle against the magical backdrop of St. Mark’s Square.
- At 1.30pm the regatta starts
- At 5.00pm awards cerimony at Zattere
Each maxi yacht will bear the colours of a luxury hotel.
Maxi Yacht Hotel and Skipper:
- Flying Dragon Aman Venice Mauro Pelaschier
- Magia 2 Bauer Palazzo Valentino Maestrutti
- Kiwi Ca’ di Dio VRetreats Paolo Pesaresi
- Arca Ca’ Sagredo Hotel Furio Benussi
- Adriatic Europa Hotel Danieli Dusan Puh
- Shockwave 3 Hotel Excelsior Mitja Kosmina
- Way of Life The Gritti Palace Vincec Gaspar
- Eratosthenes Londra Palace Lucijan Jurman
- Anemos II JW Marriott Gughi Danelon
- Midnight of London Nolinski Venezia Marco Furlan
- Idrusa Palazzina Paolo Montefusco
- Anywave The St. Regis Venice Alberto Leghissa
- Shining SINA Centurion Palace Zelico Perovic Huck
- Clean Sport One Violino d’Oro Jure Orel
- Pegaso Alajmo Ristorante Quadri Roberto Zambelli
- Moro di Venezia Comune Venezia-Salone Nautico Duilio Coletti
- New Zealand Endeavour Scuola Navale Militare F. Morosini Ezio Tavasani