The Redentore Feast 2016
THE TRADITIONAL FESTIVAL THAT LIGHTS UP ST. MARK’S BASIN
SATURDAY 16 July 2015
7.00 p.m. - Opening of the votive bridge connecting the Zattere waterfront with the Chiesa del Redentore (Church of the Redeemer) on the island of Giudecca and presentation of the Venetian regatta boat crews.
11.30 p.m. – Fireworks display in St. Mark’s Basin
- From 4.00 pm “Redentore a Malcontenta”, in front of the church. Firework display at 11.30 pm.
- From 5.00 pm “Asseggiano in Festa”, in piazza Asseggiano. Firework display at 11.30 pm.
- From 7.30 pm “Redentore a Favaro Veneto”, at the sport centre in via Monte Cervino. Firework display at 11.30 pm.
- at 11.30 pm Firework display in Mestre, Parco di San Giuliano.
- From 7.30 pm “Redentore a Pellestrina”, in piazza Zendrini. Firework display at 11.30 pm.
SUNDAY 17th July 2016
Regate del Redentore (Regatta of the Redeemer) - Canale della Giudecca
4.00 pm children's twin-oared "pupparini" boat regatta
4.45 pm twin-oared "pupparini" boat regatta
5.30 pm twin-oared gondola regatta
7.00 p.m. - Votive Mass at the Chiesa del Redentore on the island of Giudecca
Wednesday July 13th
at 6.00 pm "La notte famosissima. Il Redentore nella tradizione popolare" A journey to discover the famous festival, a tradition that has lasted for centuries. At the end, in the garden aperitif with traditional Venetian food "cicchetti"
Fondazione Querini Stampalia; Admission fee is 20€ Reservation required
www.querinistampalia.org info firstname.lastname@example.org
From Thursday July 14th to 19th
Festival in Malcontenta, with rides, food and wine and art exhibition “Arte di casa nostra”
Friday July 15th at 8.30pm sacred music concert at the Redentore Church, Giudecca island
music by C. Monteverdi, G.F. Handel, A. Scarlatti
organized by ENSEMBLE MUSICA VENEZIA www.musicavenezia.org
From July 15th to sunday 17th
At Favaro Veneto Sport Centre inflatable games, football tournament, Feast of threshing, buffet dinner and musical entertainment
Saturday, July 16th
- From 12.00 am, Lido di Venezia,Blue Moon: arrival of “Rovigno-Venezia 110 km a nuoto”, new swimming record by ASD Nuotatori dei Murassi. Shows and music. CROSSING CANCELED DUE TO BAD WEATHER. Show and music on the beach confirmed
- From 9.30 pm to 11.30 pm Concert by Banda Musicale di Tessera, traditional Venetian song, Fondamenta Zattere ai Gesuati
- From 4:30 pm to 10:30 pm , St. Mark's Basin: find the Select boat and taste the Very Venetian appetizer!
The programme could change: follow the updates
On Saturday night 16th/17th July, at the end of the fireworks, the following special services will be arranged from Venice:
- Actv public transport service (information will be soon available)
- Special Trains from Venice after the fireworks
- People Mover: in the night between Saturday and Sunday the service will operate until 2:50am (last service from Piazzale Roma and Tronchetto).
For further informations
call center Hellovenezia +39 041 2424