SAFETY MEASURES AND RECOMMENDATIONS
• The following is provided: access points, which can be booked online, to the designated public areas, controlled by the Public Safety Authority.
• Inside these areas, it is forbidden to carry glass containers, cans and other potentially dangerous objects.
• The areas mentioned above are subject to capacity limits, for security reasons: access is only possible by reservation.
• It is strictly forbidden to stand inside the passageways and security areas. The passage is only permitted across the signposted passageways.
• One-way directions may be established to accommodate pedestrian flows.
• It is recommended that you arrive and position yourself well in advance of the event, respecting the time and access gate indicated on your reservation.
• The most crowded areas are not recommended for persons with reduced mobility, people using prams or pushchairs, etc. As a rule, the areas are accessible to persons with disability taking into account the general conformation of the city.
• For safety reasons, the pedestrian flow from Zattere to Giudecca on the votive bridge will be interrupted from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (accessible only for visitors with QR codes, residents and other authorized individuals); from 10:45 p.m., traffic on the bridge will be interrupted in both directions for the duration of the fireworks display.
• A continuous yellow demarcation line has been created along the quays of Giudecca. It separates, in the space between the line and the water's edge, the positioning of the traditional boards in anticipation of the fireworks and to guarantee a free space for pedestrian flows between the yellow line and the buildings.
ON THE WATER
• It is strictly forbidden to moor and stop within the emergency and safety escape channels; in the latter, navigation is also forbidden after 10.45 p.m., until the end of the show.
• After 9 p.m., it is forbidden to cross the Area of Respect for the Fireworks. Vessels arriving from the votive bridge will only be allowed to take up a position in the areas surrounding it, as well as vessels approaching from the Grand Canal and the Canal of San Marco.
• It is recommended that all vessels be positioned adequately in advance, be provided with appropriate mooring and safety equipment, and have a cautious departure at the end of the event.
• Please note that the Navigation Code sanctions any driver who consumes excessive amounts of alcoholic beverages.
The event features a high level of crowd attendance from Piazzetta S. Marco and the three areas facing the fireworks area (Area San Marco, Area Zattere/Dogana, Area Giudecca/Zitelle).
It is, therefore, necessary to establish an integrated "Security" Plan, the functional objective of which is to guarantee a level of capacity that guarantees the safety of as many guests as possible, and therefore to determine a reasonable and sustainable crowd participating in the event.
Click here for the access gates in SAN MARCO
Click here for the access gates in ZATTERE
Click here for the access gates in GIUDECCA