Prosecco DOC in Venice for a sparkling New Year’s Eve: music in Mestre and fireworks in Venice to welcome the 2020.
Venice double the New Year’s Eve with two different proposal, in the lagoon and on the mainland. Promoted by Vela Spa on behalf of the Municipality of Venice and in partnership with the Chamber of Commerce of Venice Rovigo, New Year’s Eve 2020 offers a lot of possibility for citizens and visitors of different ages.
Main sponsor of the Event is the Protection Consortium for the Appellation of Origin for the Prosecco, official sparkling wine for the events in the city and for the New Year’s Eve. The idea of this collaboration is to support the city after the high tide of the last 12th November.
To watch the fireworks, we invite you to take the place along the areas marked in close proximity to the Actv waterbus stop ARSENALE (in red on the map Riva degli Schiavoni, Riva Ca 'di Dio, Riva San Biagio, Riva Sette Martiri).
The fireworks dislapy is not visible from Piazza and Piazzetta San Marco. Starting from 23.30, individual artifices will be launched every 5 minutes to facilitate the positioning of the public along the banks.
• To watch the fireworks display, we invite you to find a place along the areas marked on the map: Riva degli Schiavoni, Riva Ca 'Dio, Riva San Biagio, Riva dei Sette Martiri (the display is not visible from St. Mark’s Square and Piazzetta square). Arrival and positioning sufficiently ahead of time is recommended. Overcrowded areas are not suitable for people with poor mobility or families with strollers, pushchairs or prams, etc. One-way pedestrian flows may be operated. Several “warning” fireworks will be launched every 5 minutes starting from 11:30 pm.
• Access points may be operated with possible controls by the Police Authority. Access to public areas may be restricted as the maximum capacity may have already been reached. Do not remain within the barriers and security areas. For those watching the display from the water, boats must not transit or stop in the fireworks display safety areas.
• Do not behave in any way that may disturb the tranquillity of citizens or jeopardise their safety and security. Throughout the historic city, no drinks may be sold or taken away in glass containers. It is prohibited to use explosive materials, light fires, use firecrackers or any other type of fireworks. No glass containers or other potentially dangerous objects are allowed to be taken into public areas.
• Special trains will be running from Mestre station to Venice, Padua, Portogruaro, Castelfranco Veneto and Treviso.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT SERVICES
Info 31/12/2019-01/01/2020 www.actv.it
AVM/Actv informs our kind customers that on December 31st, 2019 and January 1st, 2020, AVM/Actv services will be changed as follows:
• Call Center Hellovenezia +39 041 24.24 on 31st December, 2019, Call Center Hello Venezia could be contacted from 8am to 5.30pm (reservation for ferry-boat line 17 will be available till 5pm). On January 1st, 2020, it will be closed. Reservation for ferry boat line 17 will be possible online.