San Lazzaro degli Armeni
San Lazzaro degli Armeni is a small island in the Venitian Lagoon, northern Italy. It lies to the southest of Venice and immediately west of the Lido.
A leper colony during the Middle Ages, since 1717 the island has been home to the Armenian Catholic Monastery of San Lazzaro. It is the headquarters of the Mechitarist Order and, as such, one of the world's prominent centers of Armenian culture and Armenian studies.
From 1789 until the early 20th century it was a major center of Armenian printing. The island is one of the best known historc sites of American diaspora. The monastery has a large collection of books, journals, artifacts and the third largest collection of Armenian manuscripts.
How to reach the island:
Guided tours take place daily and require reservation: email@example.com or calling (+39) 0415260104
Public transport (ACTV), rounte 20, connects Isola di San Lazzaro to Venice (S. Zaccaria).
Open every day by reservation only calling (+39) 0415260104 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum offer €10.00
Island of San Lazzaro degli Armeni
T.: +39 041 526 0104