Church of San Samuele
The church was originally built in 1000 AD, by the Boldù family and was dedicated to San Matteo Apostolo. It was rebuilt after a fire in 1105 and in 1168 was dedicated to San Samuele Profeta. Again rebuilt in XVII Century, it preserves the XIV Century apsis and the three naves structure. Inside, upon the main altar there is a XIV Century crucifix by Paolo Veneziano and the renown Vergine Ortocosta, wax-painting venerated by the Byzantines and arrived in Venice in 1541.
For further information: www.veneziaupt.it
Santo Stefano Parish
+39 041 5225061