Comitato Organizzatore Vogalonga
A special edition of the Vogalonga on Sunday 23 May 2021.
This may not be the Vogalonga we all know, but it will still be an opportunity to continue this traditional event to mark the 1600th anniversary of the foundation of the City of Venice.
The current health emergency, although improving, obliges us, in agreement with the public authorities, to organise the event avoiding as much as possible situations that could be harmful to public safety.
It has therefore been decided that the event will take place as follows:
- Registration reserved for traditional Voga alla Veneta boats only.
- Maximum limit of 500 boats.
- Compulsory registration and compilation of personal data to guarantee insurance and assistance during the course and possible health tracking.
- The path will be reduced to 20 km in order to limit to a minimum the interdiction of public transport and possible crowds.
- The start will take place at 9.00 a.m. in the traditional place in Bacino di San Marco, while the arrival will be at Ponte dell'Arsenale after the passage in Rio delle Galeazze.
- It will not be possible to set up refreshment points or piers for the prize-giving ceremonies accompanying the event due to the impossibility of directly passing materials and objects.
- Before the event, all boats will be given a Vogalonga flag with the Venezia1600 logo.
The Committee hopes to soon be able to hold the Vogalonga we all love in its complete route, when conditions allow it and thus be able to gather again all the lovers of the lagoon and rowing.
The Vogalongais an act of love for Venice and the water that surrounds it, for its lagoon and its islands,for rowing and its boats and it maintains over time the purpose for which it was born:To spread knowledge and conscious respect for the nature and culture of our city.