Festival Monteverdi Vivaldi 2016
«Vivaldi, the man under the wig»
From August to October, from the palaces on the Canal Grande to the villas along the Riveria del Brenta, the Festival Monteverdi Vivaldi becomes metropolitan. A journey through music, art and architecture, to discover the eighteenth-century Venice.
Some of the most beautiful palaces in Venice, the Teatro La Fenice and the nearby Ateneo Veneto will host events of the festival. And then there is the Brenta Canal with its villas as an ideal extension of the Canal Grande. The festival goes ashore to the mainland, among the beautiful frescoes of Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari in Mira and Villa Foscarini Rossi in Stra.
The protagonist will be the music of an unexpected Antonio Vivaldi, without the wig. "To take the wig off" Antonio Vivaldi in Venice means revealing the man beneath the wig, presenting rarely performed pieces and arias and drawing parallels with other great composers of his era. Vivaldi without the wig is the true Vivaldi, who remains contamporary through the ages and who has been repeatedly reinterpreted and retranslated.
In addition to the concerts there will be "the festival salon", a series of meetings with big names of the Baroque music scene as the mezzo-soprano Vivica Genaux and the contralto Sara Mingardo.
- The apotheosis of music between hospitals and conservatoriesGiulia Bolcato, soprano - Nicola Lamon, harpsichordSaturday 27 august - 20.30 - Palazzo Zorzi, UNESCO
- Tuesday 30 august - 18.30 - Ateneo Veneto
- The library of Count Rudolf Franz von Schönborn ErweinFederico Toffano, cello - Roberto Loreggian, harpsichordFriday 2 september - 20.30 - Palazzo Marin
- 1714, the triumph of a starRupert Enticknap, countertenor; Nicola Lamon, harpsichordTuesday 6 september - 20.30 - Palazzo Pisani Moretta
- The rush of the arc and the beauty of the sound: La Scuola VenetaContrarco Baroque EnsembleTuesday 13 september - 20.30 - Palazzo Pisani Moretta
- From the Lament of Ariadne by Monteverdi to Vivaldi's Fonti del piantoLieselot De Wilde, soprano - Fabiano Merlante, theorbo - Olivier Lexa, artistic conceptTuesday 20 september - 20.30 - Teatro La Fenice
- Presentation of the book La musique à VeniseFriday 30 september - 18.30 - Casino Venier
- On a summer night, the woodwinds give voice to the works of VivaldiGregorio Carraro, oboe, oboe d’amore, flute; Fabiano Merlante, archlute e theorboSaturday 1 october - 20.30 - Villa Widmann Rezzonico (sala degli affreschi)
- Sognando VeneziaNatalia Morozova, pianoWednesday 5 october - 20.30 - Palazzo Zeno
- Friday 7 october - 18.30 - Ateneo Veneto
- A duel between Benedetto Marcello and Antonio VivaldiCarlotta Gomiero, soprano; Nicola Lamon, harpsichordWednesday 12 october - 20.30 - Palazzo Contarini Polignac
- The most beautiful arias of the eighteenth-century VeniceAurelio Schiavoni, alto; Nicola Lamon, harpsichordThursday 20 october - 20.30 - Villa Foscarini Rossi (Salone delle feste)