Festa del Mosto 2016
Every first Sunday of October the Festivities Committee of Sant' Erasmo Island organizes the “festa de mosto” (Festival of the must, freshly pressed grape juice)
Everything starts in the morning with the blessing of farm wagons festively decorated and continues throughout the day with, among the other, show -market where you can taste and buy not only the must but also other delicious products.
There will also be entertainment activities for kids , the pressing demonstration, the famous Venetian rowing regatta "mixed" (where the crew, unlike any other rowing competition, are composed of a man and a woman) and the band.
Sunday October 9 (Event postponed to October 9 due to bad weather)
- 10:30 am Holy Mass and Blessing of Agricultural Wagons
- 11:00 am "Regate Maciarele"regattas for kids
- 11:30 am opening of the market of Vegetables and fruits from Sant'Erasmo Island
- 11:30 am Painting Exhibition" Laguna di Acquarelli" by Pagnin Mirella and presentation of the mosaic restoration
- 12:00 pm Tasting of local products
- 1:00 pm children's play area
- 2:00 pm entertainment with street performers
- 3:00 pm historical costume balls with " Associazione Serenissima danze 800"
- 3:30 pm wine pressing and tasting of the must
- 4:00 pm Parade and conert by the band "Banda Musicale Sant'Erasmo"
- 4:15 pm "Regata alla Valesana su Mascarete" - oared mascarete regatta
- 5:00 pm Men/women oared mascarete regatta
- 6:00 pm Regattas awards ceremony
- 6:30 pmMusical Show with the orchestra"Stefano e i Nevada
- solidarity market all day long
Paolo Levorato will present the event
October 9 Piazza della Chiesa, Sant'Erasmo Island
(Event postponed to October 9 due to bad weather)