Fireworks - New Year's Eve 2023 in Venice
SECURITY MEASURES AND INFORMATION ON THE FIREWORKS DISPLAY
1. We invite you to be positioned in the areas of the best visibility in the vicinity of Arsenale (please refer to the map): Riva San Biasio, Riva Ca' Dio, Riva degli Schiavoni (the fireworks are not visible from St. Mark’s Square). The areas managed for the public are numbered from 3 to 10: the higher the sector number, the better the view of the fireworks display. It is recommended that spectators arrive and be positioned well ahead of the start time of the show. Crowded areas are not recommended for visitors with reduced mobility, or people using prams or pushchairs, etc. Dedicated areas are provided for individuals with special needs. One-way directional paths for pedestrian flows may be implemented.
2. Access gates to the areas managed for the public will be implemented (marked on the map with a red arrow) and monitored by the competent authorities, and these may be closed for security reasons and/or when the maximum capacity within the areas is reached.
3. Starting at 11.30 p.m., a number of individual fireworks will be launched in order to assist the public in choosing the best viewing points.
4. The following public restrooms will be open until 02.00 am: Piazzale Roma, Campo San Bartolomeo, Campo San Filippo e Giacomo, Piazza San Marco, Accademia.
5. For spectators enjoying the spectacle from the water, both transit and parking within the safety belt of the fireworks display, delimited by buoys, are prohibited. Except for the public service, mooring at and near the banks within the show area and disembarkation/embarkation of passengers (excluding gondolas and taxis with booked customers) will be prohibited after 9 p.m. on December 31.
6. It is forbidden to engage in behaviour that may disturb the peace and jeopardise the safety and security of all citizens. In the entire historic centre, the sale and serving of drinks in glass containers and cans will be prohibited. The use of pepper sprays, explosive material, and open flames (especially devices that are commonly known as Chinese lanterns) is forbidden. It is prohibited to introduce glass containers and other potentially dangerous objects into areas managed for the public.
7. At the end of the fireworks display, special Actv vaporetto services in the direction of Piazzale Roma and Lido S.M.E.. From Piazzale Roma, extraordinary bus services will be provided to the mainland. The People Mover will be operative until
3.00 a.m. (last services from P.le Roma and Tronchetto).