The Redentore (Redeemer) Feast is a deeply felt celebration in Venice as it combines religion with entertainment, thanks to the Saturday night phantasmagorical fireworks’ display attracting thousands of visitors: a kaleidoscope of shades, from a game of light and colours on the inimitable setting in St. Mark’s Basin, lights up the spires, domes and bell towers of the city.
SATURDAY 14th July
7.00 pm Opening of the Thanksgiving Bridge, connecting the Zattere to the Church of the Redentore on the island of Giudecca.
11.30 pm. – Fireworks display in St. Mark’s Basin
Pedestrian areas to attend the fireworl display. Download the map
>>Safety measures, behavioral rules and exodus procedures >>
From 5.00 pm “Asseggiano in Festa”. Firework display at 11.30 pm.
From 6.00 pm “Redentore a Favaro Veneto”, at the sport centre in via Monte Cervino. Firework display at 11.30 pm.
From 4.30 pm “Redentore a Malcontenta”, in front of the church. Firework display at 11.30 pm.
From 8.00 pm “Redentore a Pellestrina”, in piazza Zendrini. Firework display at 11.30 pm.
SUNDAY 15th July
Redentore Regattas – Canale della Giudecca
4.00 pm children's twin-oared "pupparini" boat regatta
4.45 pm twin-oared "pupparini" boat regatta
5.30 pm twin-oared gondola regatta
In Partnership with Mercury
7.00 p.m. - Votive Mass at the Chiesa del Redentore on the island of Giudecca
6-7-8 and 13-14-15-16 July Asseggiano in Festa, with concerts, dancing and food
From Thursday July 12th to Tuesday 17th
Redentore a Malcontenta, with rides, food and wine and art exhibition “Arte di casa nostra"
Friday 13th July, 8.30 pm – Redentore church at Giudecca island
Concert of holy music by Ensemble Musica Venezia
Music by G.F. Händel, A. Vivaldi, DA. Stradella, D. Gallo - Free admission
Saturday 14th July
- 10.00 am and 11. a.m. - Querini Stampalia Foundation
"The Redentore. The famous night" a guidet tour that will lead you through archive documents and paintings of one of the most important families in the Serenissima.
English (h. 10.00am) and Italian (h. 11.00am)
The cost of €25.00 euros includes:
- Themed visit and display of unpublished documents
Reservation required: email@example.com
- 9.30 pm - Favaro Veneto Sport Centre buffet dinner, live music
- 9.30 pm – 11.30 pm Fondamenta Zattere ai Gesuati Concert by Banda Musicale di Tessera, traditional Venetian song,
On 14th July, during the night:
- People Mover piazzale Roma-Tronchetto works until 3.00 am
++++++++++ SECURITY MEASURES AND ADVICE TO FOLLOW DURING THE FIREWORKS DISPLAY ++++++++++++++++
On the occasion of the Redeemer’s Festivity 2018, a Safety Plan has been prepared. It explains safety measures, behavioral rules and exodus procedures to be followed and performed.
Find out more sicurezza.redentorevenezia.it
ON THE LAND
1. Public areas will be provided with access gates and Security Authorities control.
2. Inside public areas is forbidden to bring glass containers, cans and other dangerous objects.
3. The above areas are subject to limits of capacity for safety reasons: the access may therefore be blocked and the public diverted in other areas.
4. It’s strictly forbidden to stop inside the corridors and the safety areas. The crossing is allowed only through the signaled passages.
5. One-way streets could be established for pedestrian flow.
6. Adequate prior arrival and placement are recommended.
7. More crowded areas are not recommended for persons with reduced mobility, for people using wheelchairs or strollers.
1. It’s strictly forbidden to moor and stop inside emergency and safety exodus canals; here it’s forbidden the shipping after 10.45 pm till the end of the show too.
2. It’s forbidden to cross the Area of the Fireworks Display after 9.00 pm. The boats coming from the votive bridge could take place only in the areas of competence surrounding it, as well as boats arriving from Grand Canal and st. Mark’s canal.
3. Prior arrival and placement are recommended for boats, with adequate equipment for mooring and safety equipment, as well as a prudent outflow at the end of the event.
4. Please note that the Codice della Navigazione punishes who is driving the boat with excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks.
All the specific rules for the display can be seen on
Call Center Hellovenezia: +39 041 2424
Stay connected with Venezia Unica