San Giovanni Battista Church
The Church of San Giovanni Battista was built in 1187, along with the adjacent Grand Priory of Lombardy and Venice of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta. It was then house of two Orders of Knighthood: the Knights Templar and the Knights Ospedalieri di San Giovanni.
The present form dates back to the restoration carried out by Gran Priore Sebastiano Michiel between 1498 and 1505. For the same Gran Priore, Giovanni Bellini created an altarpiece, in 1505, which is still possible to admire inside the church.