Premio Archimede 2016
Premio Archimede is a competition, organized by studiogiochi, and it concerns the invention of board games.
The Prize is dedicated to the great Alex Randolph (considered the founder of the profession of game inventors), who was the President of this competition during the first seven editions.
It is a very important opportunity for aspiring inventors, especially for the italians: here they can show their creativity and, most of all, they can improve their skills by exchanging opinions with each other and with the international jury of games experts, presided by the dutch Niek Neuwahl.
The Competition is patronised by the City of Venice and is part of a series of cultural events dedicated to games, also as prevention against compulsive gambling.
SATURDAY OCTOBER 1ST 2016
VENICE - SALA SAN LEONARDO
• Reception opens
• General Information
• Exhibition of the 84 games admitted to the final
• Withdrawal of the non admitted games
• Meetings with the selection jury for the authors non admitted to the final
• Niek Neuwahl, Leo Colovini and Dario De Toffoli present
• City of Venice: about games as a social and cultural value
• Herbert Feuerstein, G. P. Halvah Foundation: my friend Alex Randolph!
• Furio Honsell, GioNa President and Udine Mayor: it's wonderful to play!
• Fabio Chiarello, CNR: Prize giving "Fotonica in Gioco" and Scienza e Gioco Trophy
• Dario De Toffoli: Sebastiano Izzo Prize
• Voting, final ballot and proclamations, presented by Dario Zaccariotto
• Withdrawal of the games
• Meetings with the jury for the 84 finalist authors
Whoever is interested in booking a meeting with the jury may write to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 27th.
Don't miss it: this is a great opportubity to meet people, exchange opinions, learn and make new friends!
further information at www.studiogiochi.com