Event

Musei Diocesani e Pinacoteca Chioggia

PINACOTECA OF THE HOLY TRINITY

PINACOTECA OF THE HOLY TRINITY
The building of the complex of the Holy Trinity was started in 1528 by the Confraternity of the ‘Battuti del Santissimo Crocefisso’. They venerated the old flexible crucifix in a recess on the back wall.
The Oratory was built in the second half of XVI century and the ceiling was covered in paintings by Paolo Piazza, A. Benfatti, Palma il Giovane and A. Vicentino between 1596 and 1606 .
The wooden sculpted furnishing around the windows is dated from 1726 to 1727.
The present church was built in the shape of a Greek Cross by architect Andrea Tirali between 1703 and 1707 in place of the previous XVI century church.
The church hosts several paintings by G.B Mariotti (choir), M. Ponzone and A. Vicentino (side altars) and two large works by P. Damini and A. Vicentino (hall)  coming from the secularized church of  San Nicolò in Chioggia. In the centre of the floor, large marble decorations surround Carlo Moscheni’s tombstone, the first financier of the Holy Trinity complex. 
 
Opening hours
September - May 
Thu 10.00 am - 1.00 pm
Fri     5.00 pm - 8.00 pm
Sat   5.00 pm - 8.00 pm
Sun   5.00 pm - 8.00 pm
 
June - August
Thu 10.00 am - 1.00 pm
Fri     8.30 pm - 10.30 pm 
Sat   8.30 pm - 10.30 pm
Sun   8.30 pm - 10.30 pm
 
Entrance: Piazzale XX settembre (south of the town hall)
 
Date: 
Thursday, August 31, 2017 to Sunday, December 31, 2017
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
 
 
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
Price: 
up to 20€
 
Opening hours
September - May 
Thu 10.00 am - 1.00 pm
Fri     5.00 pm - 8.00 pm
Sat   5.00 pm - 8.00 pm
Sun   5.00 pm - 8.00 pm
 
June - August
Thu 10.00 am - 1.00 pm
Fri     8.30 pm - 10.30 pm 
Sat   8.30 pm - 10.30 pm
Sun   8.30 pm - 10.30 pm
 
Entrance: Piazzale XX settembre (south of the town hall)