Culture Chanel. The woman who reads
The exhibition evokes Gabrielle Chanel’s creative world from a totally new perspective: that of her relationship to books and reading. From Greek authors to modern poets, Gabrielle Chanel’s abundant library reveals the works that left an impression on her life and shaped her personality.
Dedications, archives, photographs, paintings and drawings are nestled in and amongst a wardrobe of fashion creations that reveals, much like a library, the aesthetic vocabulary of Gabrielle Chanel, her taste for classicism and the baroque, and her love for Russia and the golds of Venice. Art objects from her Paris apartment will be exhibited for the fi rst time, along with jewellery pieces and perfumes. All in all, some 350 pieces sketch an intimate portrait of a creator revealed through her reading who knew how to transform her life into a legend.
Ca' Pesaro September 17 2016 - January 8 2017
From April 1st to October 31st 10 am – 6 pm (ticket office 10 am – 5 pm)
From November 1st to March 31st 10 am – 5 pm (ticket office 10 am – 4 pm)
Closed on Mondays, December 25th, January 1st
- Full price: 10,00 euro
- Reduced: 7,50 euro
- Free entrance: * Venetian residents; children aged from 0 to 5; disabled people with helper; touristic guides enabled by the Province of Venice and interpreters accompanying groups or individual visitors; for groups of at least 15 people, 1 free entrance (only with prior booking); accompanying teachers of school groups (up to 2 teachers per group); ICOM members; AMACI Card holders; MUVE ordinary partners; Servizio Civile volunteers; MUVE Friend Card holders
- Family Offer: reduced ticket for all family members, for families of two adults and at least one child (aged 6 to 14)
- School Offer: 4,00 euro per person (valid from September 1st to March 15th) For students from all school levels accompanied by their teachers; a list of students’ names must be provided by the school.
- Full price ‘Museum Pass’: 24,00 euro
- Reduced price ‘Museum Pass’: 18,00 euro
- Family ‘Museum Pass’ Offer: reduced ticket for all family members, for families of two adults and at least one child (aged 6 to 14).
- School ‘Museum Pass’ Offer: 10 euro per person (valid from September 1st to March 15th): for students of all schools levels accompanied by their teachers; a list of the students’ names must be provided by the school.
More info on: