Few minutes before midnight, Venice welcomes 2018 with a fireworks show that will illuminate the Basin of Saint Mark celebrating the the new year's eve, with thousand colors dancing on the lagoon.
To watch the fireworks, we invite you to take the place along the areas marked in close proximity to the Actv waterbus stop ARSENALE (in red on the map Riva degli Schiavoni, Riva Ca 'di Dio, Riva San Biagio, Riva Sette Martiri).
The fireworks dislapy is not visible from Piazza and Piazzetta San Marco. Starting from 23.30, individual artifices will be launched every 5 minutes to facilitate the positioning of the public along the banks.
SAFETY MEASURES AND INFORMATION TO WATCH THE FIREWORKS DISPLAY
• To watch the fireworks display, we invite you to find a place along the areas marked on the map: Riva degli Schiavoni, Riva Ca 'Dio, Riva San Biagio, Riva dei Sette Martiri (the display is not visible from St. Mark’s Square and Piazzetta square). Arrival and positioning sufficiently ahead of time is recommended. Overcrowded areas are not suitable for people with poor mobility or families with strollers, pushchairs or prams, etc. One-way pedestrian flows may be operated. Several “warning” fireworks will be launched every 5 minutes starting from 11:30 pm.
• Access points may be operated with possible controls by the Police Authority. Access to public areas may be restricted as the maximum capacity may have already been reached. Do not remain within the barriers and security areas. For those watching the display from the water, boats must not transit or stop in the fireworks display safety areas.
• Do not behave in any way that may disturb the tranquillity of citizens or jeopardise their safety and security. Throughout the historic city, no drinks may be sold or taken away in glass containers. It is prohibited to use explosive materials, light fires, use firecrackers or any other type of fireworks. No glass containers or other potentially dangerous objects are allowed to be taken into public areas.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT SERVICES
• Waterborne Routes - additional night-time services to facilitate transfer to the mainland and the islands with the N line running along the Rialto-P.le Roma-Tronchetto-Giudecca-S. Zaccaria route, to which a San Zaccaria - Lido shuttle service will be added, running every 10 minutes after the firework show until it is less crowded. For the services to P.ta Sabbioni and the Laguna Nord Night Service, larger boats will be used.
• Bus - additional runs until midnight on the main urban lines (2, 4L, 5, 6 and 7) to Venice and downtown Mestre and in the opposite direction, after midnight, with additional service provided depending on the flow of people moving towards the urban area of Mestre/Marghera and the main extra-urban routes (Mirano, Riviera del Brenta and Chioggia)·
• People Mover – opening times will be extended up to 3:00am with the last run at 2:50am (service every 10 minutes)
• Parking garages - Autorimessa Comunale in P.le Roma, Park Sant’Andrea in P.le Roma and Park Costa - open 24 hours, Park Candiani – open up to 3:00am